Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Water

Having been raised in the high mountain deserts it's hard for me to wrap my mind around a serious drought in a place where rain falls hard and fast in big drops.

Yesterday we installed a rain barrel to ensure that our garden can get water, despite stage 3 drought restrictions. I still hold out hope that enough rain will fall to fill the reservoirs; however, as they are up stream, it's not a terrible idea to have a rain barrel anyway.

Our rain barrel is a small one only 35 gallons, but I hope that it'll be enough for our small square foot garden adventure.

Ian loves to water. Every day he throws a fit that he can't water more. Luckily Mel says that you can't water a square foot garden too much; although, I'm sure that Raleigh City might disagree.

1 comment:

Kara said...

Good job April!
I can't wait to have my own garden again, and we will definitely have rain barrels on every downspout.

How goes the EC?